Osteopathy for back pain is a reliable treatment used worldwide. If you’re constantly in pain and discomfort from a sore back, then come and see us. We’ll assess your trouble and use the right osteopathy treatment for your back pain.
What causes back pain
Almost everyone has had a sore back at one point in their lives. That’s because our backs support us so much when we’re awake. As a result, you’re more likely to injure yourself if you don’t look after your back. There are many ways that can put your back out, here are a few:
- Muscle or ligament strains – Repetitive heavy lifting or sudden awkward movements could strain back muscles and spinal ligaments. If you’re in not looking after your health, constant strain on your back can cause painful muscle spasms.
- Bulging or ruptured disks – Disks are like cushions between the bones (vertebrae) in your spine. The soft substance inside a disk can bulge or rupture and press on a nerve. However, you can have a bulging or ruptured disk without back pain. We bet you didn’t know that? Disk disease is often found when you have spine X-rays for other reasons.
- Skeletal irregularities – An ailment in which your spine curves to the side (scoliosis) also can lead to back pain, but generally not until middle age.
- Osteoporosis – Your spine’s vertebrae can develop compression fractures if your bones become porous and brittle. That’s why it’s important to keep your bones as healthy as you can.
How Osteopathy for Back Pain helps
Our St Kilda Beach osteopaths use techniques that focus on
of back pain. These can involve
- massage therapy
- stretching exercises
- mobilisation and movement techniques
When you visit us for your back pain, we’ll talk with you about your lifestyle and what you do on a daily basis. As a result of this, it will help us pinpoint where your back pain is and what is the possible cause. During your assessment, we’ll talk you through how we’ll treat your back pain and what you can do to manage it when you leave us.
Call us on 03 8080 2981 if you need osteopathy help for your back pain.